Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mobile Feedback during Beta

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001

First off, thank you for downloading and using Onshape mobile.  I have you have been having fun cadding on the go.  In the event you witness a crash while using our beta builds of Onshape, if you could do us a little favor of sending in feedback when you relaunch the app.  Doing this 10 second task would give us valuable information of what actions caused the crash.  If you could just summarize what you were doing prior to the crash would be greatly appreciated.

To do this you:
  • Lauch the Onshape app
  • Tap on the ? menu in the upper right
  • Tap Feedback
  • Type in your description of what happened
  • Tap Submit
Thank you again..  ~Lou
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
Tagged:

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    No crashes, working like a charm.. Finished test assembly while travelling back to home from exhibition. Still can't believe I could do some actual modeling with old ipad
    //rami
  • rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    3dcad said:
    No crashes, working like a charm.. Finished test assembly while travelling back to home from exhibition. Still can't believe I could do some actual modeling with old ipad
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Have you tried using Onshape on an iPhone? The UI is slightly different to cater for the lack of real estate compared to the iPad.
  • ric_fulopric_fulop OS Professional Posts: 2 PRO
    No crashes so far!  Working great.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @rbaek I don't have an iPhone - I like to play with different platforms so I have w8.1 in pc, ipad for traveling and android phone waiting for OS.

<NotTooSerious>
    I'm bit scared about phone version. Today I was eating at coffee shop and thought if I had cad in my hands I would begin to work with something that came up in a meeting earlier. Then I realized that most of designers would do the same. Can we take any real breaks when it's possible to work all the time? 

Should we limit OS to max. 18 hours per day?  What about news that famous designer drove to the ocean because working on model while driving  :#  Or according to latest news about plane crash it seems like co-pilot was working on some kind of 3d model on his phone during landing.. :s
    </NotTooSerious> 
    //rami
  • pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    @3dcad Your worst fears might be realized in this exact scenario happening much more frequently with Onshape...

CAD.png 58.9K