Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape Mobile (iOS) - April 16, 2015

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
edited April 2015 in Onshape Mobile
This release of Onshape mobile for iOS has focused on adding and refining new features that have made their way to the web client.  Bringing in pierce point, a transform manipulator and mobile specific help continue to bring parity to the web capability.  You should be able to update the app from the App Store today.
Highlights include:
  1. Mobile specific help.

2. New precision selector (redesigned for speed and precision)

3. New pierce constraint.

4. Search in Assembly insert dialog.

5. New transform manipulator.

6. Numerous Feature list UI retouches including hide/show and three dot menus, collaboration icons and a number of bug fixes to add a clean, responsive feel.
This release was a bit delayed due to the Apple approval process but we hope you enjoy the refinements in this build and are working hard on the next update.  

Remember if you do have a crash or any other issue, please log a ticket and the time of the crash as we incorporate more ways to track mobile logging.  As always, feedback is encouraged so let us know what you think so far!  ~Lou
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @LouGallo  Amazing presentation!

Feature list upgrades feels great, keep up good work!

Something to think:
    - Is it possible to change view manipulation so that when you move model with two fingers you could just lift one finger and keep keep moving to turn the model? Currently you need to tab again to turn after moving..
    - Create separate button for 'deselect all' to top bar, would be faster than tabbing hand first and it's my most used feature at the moment =)
    - Roll part/feature name when selected (just couple of times if it doesn't fit)
    - I'm not able to resize feature list, am I just missing something?
    //rami
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @3dcad  You click on the grab handle and drag down to resize it.  Then you can touch drag the parts area to resize that.  I showed this in the last update... might make this more clear.  
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.