Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

ISO fit marking to dimension

JJViJJVi Member Posts: 3 EDU
edited September 2017 in Product Feedback
Currently dimensioning tool is not suitable for standard ISO fit marking. Marking can be made as described in picture a, but major drawback is, that dimensions does not follow geometry changes. Also there is no possiblity to use standard deviation dimensions, picture b), because OS added dimension "automaticly"...even it has taken away. Also standard tolerance fitting values would be great.
a)

b)

Tagged:

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    I moved this here for more discussion. In order for posts to be voted on they need to have a single concise feature defined. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    @paul_charlton is this the style of fit and tolerancing dimensioning you need?
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    I envision a pull down left of the automatically generated dimension. The default is "No ISO fit" which allows the user to enter their own upper and lower limits. Other options in the pull-down are valid ISO fits based on the size of the dimension. If the user selects one of the ISO fits, then Onshape automatically fills the upper and lower tolerances and the boxes get grayed out. Onshape would have to be smart enough to know the dimension is an outer or inner diameter.
  • paul_charltonpaul_charlton Member Posts: 5 PRO
    @brucebartlett Yes, We need this in the dimensioning box as an option right now. I am getting hammered by my largest client who is a Solid Works user and this is standard.

We have just delivered 450 x drawing sheets which each have at least 15 ISO tolerances which have all been looked up and typed manually.

In the future this should be input at modelling level so that CAM can pick it up straight away and also carry through to the drawing sheets.
  • Marco_19Marco_19 Member, Channel partner Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Very important improvement. Thank you.
  • erik_bongerserik_bongers Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I also, naively, expected to have a drop-down with ISO tolerances. But, as suggested by others - having this at modeling level would be even better! 
  • Ketil_Volland_WorkKetil_Volland_Work Member Posts: 38 PRO
    This is somehting that should brought back into light. This type of tolerancing is important, especially here in Europe as it is a common way of doing this when dimensioning shafts and holes, or round objects in general