Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Am I being obtuse, or has the Measure tool been removed?

RChilcoatRChilcoat Member Posts: 12
I'm sure I used it when I first started using OnShape.  I can't find it anymore.  The help files say it should be at the right end of the bottom of the screen, but there's nothing there.   Is it only on certain screens?  I want to measure some hole diameters on an assembly without going back and editing the sketches.  Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks everyone.  The help files show a little icon that looks like a pair of dividers, and that was what I kept looking for.  I didn't think to just select something on the assembly.  Works great.  Now back to work.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks everyone.  The help files show a little icon that looks like a pair of dividers, and that was what I kept looking for.  I didn't think to just select something on the assembly.  Works great.  Now back to work.

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    @RChilcoat

Please vote on this IR if you believe this would have prevented this
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/10216/visual-aid-for-measure-calculation/p1?new=1
  • Options
    monroe_weber_shirkmonroe_weber_shirk Member Posts: 96 EDU
    The help files should be updated to reflect this change. Measuring is now automatic and doesn't require selecting a tool. I got stuck searching for the none existing tool that is described in the help.