Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape VR

john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
edited October 2018 in General
Oculus Rift just had an update recently, Now we can pull windows open on our desktop into the 3D world.

So naturally the first thing I try is pulling in a few Onshape windows :)

I am doing everything from the touch controllers, so it's a little weird. But if you can touch type, then you can use your keyboard and mouse like normal, and just have a few big screens :)

Back when I got my rift, I had to sacrifice a monitor, my computer couldn't handle all this video.
It was painful to work on one monitor again. So this is freaking awesome.

It looks choppy at times, but that is just my computer trying to mirror everything I see through the headset and then record/encode it. So in the headset it is smooth and works fine.

So, Onshape, if you decide to do a VR app.. I'll be first in line for testing :)
https://youtu.be/OQi2k-nZrxQ

Hard to tell from video, but Imagine those windows are 15feet tall

Comments