Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

moving parts between assemblies

IsoThermIsoTherm Member Posts: 66 PRO
edited January 2018 in Community Support
Greetings
I have several parts inserted into a main assembly that I wish to move into already inserted sub assemblies. Is there a way to do that without deleting the part(s) from the main assembly and then re-inserting them into the desired sub assembly? Would be handy.
Thanks,
Isotherm

Best Answer

Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Expand the sub assy in the tree and then just drag and drop the parts from the top assy into the sub assy.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Benjamin_DellalBenjamin_Dellal Member Posts: 8 PRO
    edited November 2018
    @brucebartlett
    I get the error " Cannot be completed as it would modify a saved version" What am I doing wrong?
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 689
    edited November 2018
    @Benjamin_Dellal
    It sounds like your assembly references the subassembly via version, possibly the subassembly exists in another document. If this is the case, there are different options, depending on the desired document structure - too hard to advise without seeing the document.
    Please publish a link to your document here.