Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Assembly Mates

brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
Can anyone give some advice please. I have modelled a ball bearing in part studio and the mated it together as a sub assembly.Every thing works fine, when outer ring is fixed, inner ring, balls & cage revolve fine. When moved about the screen all parts remain together when outer ring is unfixed
However after inserting into the main assembly, when trying to mate to the main assembly the outer ring explodes from the balls, cage & inner ring. Depending on which mate I try to use in some cases the whole bearing explodes. Obviously I am going wrong some where, It will be very much appreciated if anyone can help so that I can move on.
Best regards Brian.

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Marvellous John, will sleep better tonight, Got visitors at the moment but can't wait to try. will post how I get on ASAP
    Cant thank you enough. Brian
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks again John, Just followed your detailed example and everything is working fine.
    Till next time, All the best. Brian.

Answers