Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - December 19th, 2018

cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
edited December 2018 in New in Onshape
It's the final update of the year, and it is a big one! It has been 15 days since our last update and we are back with another round of major improvements. Let's get started.

CAD IMPROVEMENTS

CROP VIEW IN ONSHAPE DRAWINGS

You can now create Crop views in Onshape Drawings.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/cumxqgx6qj

BROKEN OUT SECTION VIEW IN ONSHAPE DRAWINGS

You can now create Broken out section views in Onshape Drawings.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/6grc5mgjxz 

ASSIGNING TASKS TO USERS

You can now assign tasks to users with comments in Onshape. If a task has been assigned to you, you will receive an email notification as well as a notification within Onshape.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/e27a43icxu

DISPLAY STATE IMPROVEMENTS

You can now edit the Display state of a drawing view from the View properties. You can also now select multiple views of the same assembly and change the display state of all of them at once.

TOUCH ID AND FACE ID SUPPORT IN ONSHAPE MOBILE (iOS)

The latest version of Onshape for iOS will support Touch ID and Face ID.

EXPORT DRAWINGS FROM ONSHAPE MOBILE (ANDROID AND iOS)

The latest versions of Onshape for Android and iOS now support the ability to export drawings.

ENTERPRISE FEATURES

ACTIVITY LIST IMPROVEMENTS

Improvements have been made to the Activity list in Onshape Enterprise that allow the Project list to be resized, expanded, and collapsed.

Please take a moment to try out these new features and improvements and leave your comments below. For a detailed list of all the changes in this update, please see the changelog.

Remember: The updates listed here are now live for all users when creating new Documents and over the next few days these features will also be available in Documents created before the date of this update.

Comments

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    Cool!
    I was wondering why my comments suddenly had a checkbox
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    Stefan_DMSStefan_DMS Member Posts: 48 PRO
    So great with the drawing tools, will be utilizing these straight away.
  • Options
    tanner_beardtanner_beard Member Posts: 5 EDU
    edited December 2018
    Path length dimensions and branch specific permissions. Then Onshape will be perfect.
  • Options
    Song_YikunSong_Yikun Member Posts: 39 PRO
    Still waiting for customizable Section view depth. :D

• Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ho Ho Ho!!!
    Great improvements. Drawings, drawings and more drawings... Love it
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    And there are another great (small) improvement: 
    1. List values in custom properties now permit spaces
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    D8_StarpacD8_Starpac Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    edited December 2018
    @D8_Starpac I am not able to reproduce your issue. Did you create a support ticket?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    NeilCooke said:
    @D8_Starpac I am not able to reproduce your issue. Did you create a support ticket?

• Options
    @D8_Starpac thank you for the clarification - seems to be an issue with ISO drawing formats only. I will escalate.

• Options
    @D8_Starpac the developer has fixed the bug.  It just needs to go through testing and then hopefully it will be pushed live later today. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
  • Options
    Josiah_HarthcockJosiah_Harthcock Member Posts: 54 PRO
    Great chunk of updates! 

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    NeilCooke said:
    @D8_Starpac the developer has fixed the bug.  It just needs to go through testing and then hopefully it will be pushed live later today. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
    Thank you!
  • Options
    SeanMacInnisSeanMacInnis Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Nir_KNir_K Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Great updates as always, but I am still waiting for an major improvement to the variables. 
  • Options
    Len_WangerLen_Wanger Member, Developers Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Capping the year off with some more great improvements. Looking back on 2018 there was a lot of great stuff added!
  • Options
    gerhard_swanepoelgerhard_swanepoel Member Posts: 29 PRO
    Great improvements! Thanks!
  • Options
    sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    Nice update! 
  • Options
    Un saludo,

• Options
    anirudh_nehraanirudh_nehra Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    We need enhancement in CORE MODELING TOOLS. Especially addition of NURBS modeling tools like Subdivision modeling.
  • Options
    EricGauthierEricGauthier Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    francois_bouletfrancois_boulet Member Posts: 65 EDU
    Great improvements !
    Thank you for CROP VIEW  and   BROKEN OUT SECTION VIEW  IN DRAWINGS .
    Hope you will add line and circle to the spline option ...
    Great job !
    La simplicité est la sophistication suprême.
    Léonard de Vinci
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO

:cry:
    //rami
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    @3dcad
    Yea that has happened to me once too, but using crop view, I think it has something to do with mine being a section view.

Now that I've submitted a ticket

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @john_mcclary Is correct.  We don't support cuts of a cut yet in drawing views.  It's a logged/planned improvement.  
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Yep, that's what it says on tooltip. My default workflow to add broken out section would be to make into detail view..
    //rami
  • Options
    francois_bouletfrancois_boulet Member Posts: 65 EDU
    On a view with a Broken-out section, I can't snap a cutting line to make a section view.
    Doing it the other way round will work.
    Could this be fixed ?
    La simplicité est la sophistication suprême.
    Léonard de Vinci