Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Fender Eliminator

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
edited December 2018 in General
So I got a new set of tires for my BMW and the front fender no longer fits. So....... Good bye front fender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHn7AYqMjfA

In the video I say a bridge curve is a "3D sketch with a 2D spline" and meant to say a "3D sketch with a 2 noded spline".

Here's the need for a new  BMW R Nine T fender eliminator kit:

I've added it to Rusty Shed https://rustyshed.com & ordered a set & should have them in a few days, will post picture after installing.

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Nice, I like the configure and image update but I really want to be able to rotate. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited December 2018
    Surprisingly that's not readily available. The next thing is to create a webgl viewer inside the browser. That's coming next.

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    Could you use something with three.js?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    Yes, that is what you use. I've been playing around with it and it's just a matter of time.

You have to convert the OS data, map the colors & add some form of controls which are all fairly easy. 

It's next years project......

• Options
    edited December 2018
    2018 cafe racer picks:

classic BMW's

racertv's youtube channel of the top 20 cafe racers for the year 2018.

5 out of 20 are BMW's.

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @billy2
    If you do get something working, I'd be interested into looking at the code.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @mbartlett21 will do, give me a few weeks to put it together.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

• Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    Is that a cast metal piece? Either way, thats a nice looking bike!
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Thanks,

It's 5mm thick nylon printed on a HP printer. 

• Options
    First sunny day in a long time.

Moonlight Beach Southern California, 2018-01-19 3pm: