Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Upcoming Webinar - Branching & Merging

NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
Hi Everyone,

Every week, Onshape runs at least two webinars, most of which are tech tips or best practices (usually Tuesdays at 11am EST and Thursdays at 1pm EST). You can see upcoming webinars and past recorded webinars here: https://www.onshape.com/learn/webinars

We send out details of upcoming webinars in the newsletter,  but if you have unsubscribed to the email you may be missing out! So, for your convenience, I will start to post upcoming webinars here in the forum. Simply click the link to sign up.

Webinar: Managing Design Teams Collaboratively with Github-Style Branching and Merging
Time: July 3rd 2018, 11am EST
Details: Even the simplest of design projects requires a multitude of stakeholders to ensure its success. Sharing design data and collaborating with teams of engineers is easy in Onshape, but how do you stop them from stepping on each other’s toes? In this webinar we will take a look at the built-in data management tools in Onshape and how Branching and Merging can be used for more than just design exploration.

This webinar will discuss how to use branching and merging including:
  • Version and History
  • Branching
  • Merging rules
  • Simultaneous editing of parts and assemblies
  • Using branching for git-style data management
  • Linked Documents
  • Release Management
Let me know if there are any topics you would like covered in the future.
Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Comments

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    It's nearly webinar time if anyone is interested and hasn't registered yet.... :)

NeilCooke said:
    Let me know if there are any topics you would like covered in the future.

There was a thread a while back showing interest in an API webinar, is that a possibility?

Cheers, Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    @owen_sparks - I'll have to ask @lougallo - I am API illiterate! 
    NeilCooke said:
    @owen_sparks - I'll have to ask @lougallo - I am API illiterate! 

Same here :smile:

If:-
    Ilya = AI (Artificial Intelligence)
    Neil = NI (Northern Intelligence)
    Owen = ZI (Zero Intelligence) 

What does that make Lou?

Owen S.
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lougallo we know you are reading this... But we miss your answer about the API webinar ;-)
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común

I thoroughly enjoyed the first 10 minutes of your webinar but then got called away for an emergency concrete owl situation.  Will you be releasing a video?

Cheers,

Owen S.

HWM-Water Ltd
    @owen_sparks yes you should get it in an email and it will posted on the website, but it looks like my American friends were too busy celebrating independence from the empire to post it. Stay tuned.
    Much appreciated :)
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    edited July 2018
    How would one find the recorded webinars? Seems like it should be easy but can't find a link anywhere.

Got it, missed the link above....
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited July 2018
    Just watched webinar, great job @NeilCooke.

BTW

Happy 4th of July! 
    Cardiff California, USA, 2018

Thanks @billy2
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lougallo we know you are reading this... But we miss your answer about the API webinar ;-)
    @lougallo and @NeilCookePlease, a few of us would be very interested in this webinar 
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    :+1: to API webinar
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
    A few days ago Jon Hirschtick said about the API webinar... (Min 55:50) Ask Me Anything: Jon Hirschtick

So, are the API webinar in your mid term plans?
    Un saludo,

Hinterestin'
    HWM-Water Ltd