Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - March 1st, 2019

2»

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    H_de_V said:
    agree, todays ability to define only one rotation for MC is pretty limiting, I think we should be able to perform the sequence of MC orientation changes of any length, not just 3 axis linear offset and 1 axis rotation. [...]

Do you mean resulting in a MC at an undefined location? I this wise? One wants to have specific distances and angles to keep design intent, isn't it?
    I mean that with triad manipulator we could perform any sequence of MC orientation changes - not just 3 linear and then 1 rotational as it is now, for example you could rotate it around triad X, then rotate around triad Y and then move along triad Z - which is not possible today. Also would be nice to log this transform sequence in the MC feature inteface as list input so that we could edit it at any stage.
    It could actually just be stored as XYZ offset and two rotations
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 689
    @brucebartlett
    Is there any reason that the part filter doesn't show related sketches?
    We are showing  the features that directly contribute geometry to the part. That is the same information we use to cross-highlight selected geometry and features in the feature tree. Sketches are not so directly linked, but we could find them as well ( notice the tooltips on features listing referenced sketches) .
    It is great that these filters are easier discoverable now. I have a feeling, we'll be getting more IRs about them. 
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited March 2019
    lana said:
    Thanks Lana!  I'd found the RMB on the feature brings up the sketch from the filtered feature as per normal but the tool tip is also a nice way to see the related sketch. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Great improvements!!!
    A lot of them we can use in our own FeatureScripts

Thanks
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • chand_bashachand_basha Member Posts: 63 EDU
    Improvements are awesome 
  • Song_YikunSong_Yikun Member Posts: 39 PRO
    Thanks!
    1.  CLOUD LINE FOR REVISION
    2. WEIGHT PORPERTY IN BOM
    neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it badly. 
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice there are a new version (V4) in std.mat document
    But I don't know if there are new materials or just minor changes
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
    Un saludo,

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean that with triad manipulator we could perform any sequence of MC orientation changes - not just 3 linear and then 1 rotational as it is now, for example you could rotate it around triad X, then rotate around triad Y and then move along triad Z - which is not possible today. Also would be nice to log this transform sequence in the MC feature inteface as list input so that we could edit it at any stage.
    It could actually just be stored as XYZ offset and two rotations
    @MBartlett21
    Eventually you are right, but when user defines a sequence of MC orientation transforms in local coordinate system he would expect ability to edit orientation in local coord system either, but equal tramsform of XYZ and 2 rotations would be defined in global coordinate system, and though it would be algebraically correct it wouldn't represent initial design intent as Henk said.
  • Hendrik_Hendrik_ Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. Also for self-clinchers which we plan to use shortly...!

Hendrik
  • Cache_River_MillCache_River_Mill Member Posts: 225 PRO
    Fantastic!

Thank you Onshape team.
  • Marc_MillerMarc_Miller Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Implicit Mate Connectors are great!  Super, thank you Onshape team.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Awesome!

And wellcome @Roy_Mutalik
    //rami
  • Steve_LeposaSteve_Leposa Member Posts: 8
    How do you remove a broken out section view that is no longer needed?
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 517
    @Steve_Leposa Right click on that broken out section area in the view and select "Remove section"

• Steve_LeposaSteve_Leposa Member Posts: 8
    @PeteYodis that worked perfectly, I was right-clicking on the view not the area of the broken-out section.
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 517
    @Steve_Leposa Yes, we require right clicking on the section area - because there could be multiple broken out sections on a view.  
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited March 2019

Hi there, @owen_sparks (and the rest of the wonderful Onshape community)...
    Well howdy, and thanks for saying hello and for the work you're doing :+1:
    Roy_Mutalik said:
    I'm looking forward to "meeting", helping, and sharing more great Onshape content with each of you here on the forums and beyond. 
    Is there any danger of you doing any of that in the not too distant future  o:)
    Cheers, Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    @owen_sparks
    Oh, wow, has it been three weeks already?  :)
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    @owen_sparks
    Oh, wow, has it been three weeks already?  :)
    I was a tad worried when you said that. Thought perhaps you'd all accidentally spent the last three weeks playing Fortnite 🎮 instead of working! Glad to see you've actually been building yet more new Onshape update goodness instead. Thanks all 🔧🔨🚧
    Owen.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    @owen_sparks
    I'll be very impressed if someone invents a video game that's as fun as building CAD systems.
    Hah..... Love your dedication, you're a true CAD Warrior keep all us lowly jockeys happy. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Eleanor_CoffinEleanor_Coffin Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I'm having trouble getting my ordinates to un-jog -- they aren't snapping to a straight position like is shown in the video. I can drag and get them approximately straight, but I can still tell they're not quite right and it's pretty time-consuming. Any suggestions?