Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

fail with the video card

Hello,

I htave a problem with Onshape, and i think that the problem is the video card.
I have to buy a new one and I have see this:
GIGABYTE 1030 OC 2G

with this card Onshape works ok.
Thanks

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    edited April 2019
    Welcome to the forum and Onshape Luis

There could have just been an issue with WebGL, or a bad driver with the old card.

Onshape is fairly forgiving on GFX card requirements.
  • Options
    Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    Hello Luis,

Can you open this page : https://cad.onshape.com/check on the machine with the problem video card? We also have troubleshooting tips here : https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/webgl.htm?cshid=webgl

• Options
    Luis_RodríguezLuis_Rodríguez Member Posts: 2

Hello Paul,

In firts time the report of my browser is compatible but in the second report appear the next information. I have tested in 32 and 64 bits.

My video card is

Radeon X1300/X1550 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)  
    Thanks

This is the report of my PC.

Your browser is not fully compatible with Onshape

Browser

User agent
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36 OPR/58.0.3135.132
    Platform
    Windows
    Browser
    Opera
    Browser Version

WebGL and extensions

Core WebGLFloat texturesFloat textures are used for section planes and blending of transparent objects. Without this extension, this functionality will be disabled.Anisotropic texture filteringAnisotropic texture filtering is used to provide high-quality texture rendering in the 3D scene.32-bit indices
    32-bit indices are used to optimize rendering performance. Lack of 32-bit index support may result in decreased rendering performance.High precision fragment shaders
    High precision shaders are required for ambient occlusion. If they are not available, this functionality will be disabled.Your browser does not have WebGL enabled. 
    Click here to learn more about the system requirements.

WebSockets

WebSocket connection

Geographical data

LocationBarcelona, SpainOnshape server regioneu-west-1Expected server regioneu-west-1

Download report

• Options
    Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    Hello Luis,

Looks like you are using Opera and WebGL is not being supported. This could be due to the graphics card and the browser. Can you open this page to test for WebGL support : https://get.webgl.org/ . If you don't see a spinning cube, then the issue is definitely with the browser + GPU you are using. 

If you don't get WebGL with your browser

1. Can you try another browser such as Chrome or Firefox?
    2. You'll want to check out the Opera forums to determine why your GPU isn't supported?
    3. Ensure you have the latest version of the graphics drivers installed.
    4. As a last resort you'll need to get a newer graphics card.

Paul