Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hide Other Instances

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
After I've hit "hide other instances", is there a way to "unhide what I just hidden"? 
I see there is a "show all", but this function shows all, even though I've spent time hiding stuff, so now I have to hide certain parts all again;)
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    You can also click on parts and select isolate, which will make everything transparent. Then you just close the dialogue box, or adjust the slider to unhide parts next to/connected to your selected part.

Hehe, this is exactly what I mean;)

Thanks;)

Answers

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @famadorian - You can;
    • 'Undo' the last hide
    • RMB/show all (everything including parts, sketches, planes, mate connectors)
    • RMB/show all instances (all parts/surfaces)
    • In an assembly you can create display states that store the hide/show state for later use in drawings
    I hope this helps :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693

• Options
    Well, I usually do something after I've "hide other instances", so I can't use "undo" here
  • Options
    "show all" and "show all instances" are not an option since they show too much and doesn't care about what I've hidden before I clicked the "hide other instances" function
  • Options
    that leaves display states; it seems I need to create a new display state every time before I hit "hide other instances" to be able to get back to the view I was at before I hit that function.

Ok, I'll try.
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @Famadorian - just out of curiosity, what CAD system are you coming from that has this?

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Nope, and it's infuriating.  I believe there is an IR for such a thing though.  Nor can one configure visibility.  You could configure a delete parts to hide stuff though ;)

Owen S. 
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    @Famadorian - just out of curiosity, what CAD system are you coming from that has this?

BRLCAD;)
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    You can also click on parts and select isolate, which will make everything transparent. Then you just close the dialogue box, or adjust the slider to unhide parts next to/connected to your selected part.

Hehe, this is exactly what I mean;)

Thanks;)