Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Standard content component requests

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Jason_S said:
    @brucebartlett So would you expect to put in the material thickness and hole size for rivets? And you don't care about rivet gun/tool clearance on the stem side?

I would expect to chose the unformed rivet length, and rivet diameter. We could choose a material thickness and have the rivet form to this but I think that would create more complication with multiple configs for the same part number.

The rivet gun tool clearance would be the same as choosing a spanner clearance for a nut, except in the rivets case you have a waste material (stem).
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Jason_S said:
    As you guys know, you could for now have a standard parts document with mate connectors on the parts/subassemblies.

Yep, running at version 34 and counting. Every update makes all documents claiming that they have the old version, that hurts my feelings  :'(
    //rami
  • robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
    Can we get some more options for longer length bolts in the standard content?
    I keep running into the issue where I can't find a long enough ISO or DIN Socket Head Cap Screw in the standard content.

For example, just now, I needed a M3 x 35mm bolt, but the standard content stops at 30mm length. McMaster shows that M3 bolts conforming to those standards are available all the way up to 70mm in length. See the screenshots below. I've run into this for other diameters as well.

This is one of the reasons that I still end up using my own library of fasteners right now.

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi all.

I'd like to request "DIN 917 - HEXAGON CAP NUT" please.

Cheers,
    Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • michael_bromleymichael_bromley Member Posts: 110 PRO
    If it is available I haven't found it, but it seems all of the ANSI hex nuts other than flanged start at 1/4-20.  I most often need sizes 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10.  
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work!!! Nice to see this kind of collaboration work with other companies & users
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • michael_bromleymichael_bromley Member Posts: 110 PRO
    I'd like to add AS-568 O rings to the standard content library.
  • bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Yep, bearings.  I use them all the time.
  • Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    Happy Monday!

We just added two metric spring lock washers. 
         - Spring lock washer DIN 127 Type A
         - Spring lock washer DIN 127 Type B

Please notes these are from a withdrawn standard. 
    Support & QA
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Jason_S said:
    Happy Monday!

We just added two metric spring lock washers. 
         - Spring lock washer DIN 127 Type A
         - Spring lock washer DIN 127 Type B

Please notes these are from a withdrawn standard. 
    Thank-you!
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Arron_EadesArron_Eades Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    So do we have Metric Nylon lock nuts yet? ISO 7040 I believe. 

It's a long thread and I've not read it all. If we do have metric nylocs, where do I find them?

Thanks
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    For ISO 7040 we only have Prevailing torque nut ISO 7040

Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    So do we have Metric Nylon lock nuts yet? ISO 7040 I believe. 

It's a long thread and I've not read it all. If we do have metric nylocs, where do I find them?

Thanks
    I've never been able to find Metric Nyloc nuts to my liking. The ISO ones are too skinny (thin). Prevailing also doesn't mean anything to me, is it a cone lock or combination of cone lock and nylon lock nuts. I think the more commonly used nylon lock nut here in Australia is to DIN standard but never been able to find it in the Onshape standard content.  It would be nice to search via commonly used trade description rather than standards. 
  • kevin_coulsonkevin_coulson Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to request spacers/standoffs in standard sizes and lengths - should be a pretty simple add but gets closer to eliminating the need for a personal hardware library
  • Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Nice to have the O-rings in the standard content since OS 1.102.
    At this moment the components are static. It would be nice as they become flexible so that they fit correctly in an O-ring groove (where the radial and/or axial space is normally smaller then the O-ring cord dia).

Henk de Vlaam (NL)
  • Konstantin_ShKonstantin_Sh Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Would be happy to see DIN6799 lock washers and DIN85 screws
    @Konstantin_Sh
    I see DIN 6799 as 'retaining washers for shafts'

Is this what you are looking for?
    Support & QA
  • Konstantin_ShKonstantin_Sh Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    @Jason_S
    Yes, it's what i need. Especially for small shaft diameters around 3 mm
    edited October 2019
    @Jason_S
    I like to see DIN 934 nuts in the Standard Content. From this DIN and ISO 4032 >=M2 please.

Edit 20191021: I found the DIN 934 under EN 24032 and the ISO nuts start at M1,6. So, everything is OK at this point.
    Henk de Vlaam (NL)
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Not a request for new content, but could the size please be added to DIN lock washers?
    edited October 2019
    Can we please get Metric Nyloc Nuts added in the thin and thick versions. DIN 982 7 DIN 985.  For me, prevailing torque (lock nuts)  are my most commonly used parts and really appreciate if they were properly spec'd with standard content. 

I have a chart here comparing Prevailing Torque nuts to what Onshape has, it would great if we could get these all added. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j855PR7JWrOTIYWNcWjDLoDHpR5bmXJMxvAkFDpUxDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thin (available as iso 10511)    Thick(not available)

edited October 2019
    Ahh... the thick nylon lock nut is available but the image for 7040 has confused me a little, as it shows a nut, that doesn't have the rounded top.
  • GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
    Bearings Bearings bearings please. I use them all the time
    edited October 2019

Henk_de_V said:
    @Jason_S
    I like to see DIN 934 nuts in the Standard Content. From this DIN and ISO 4032 >=M2 please.

Edit 20191021: I found the DIN 934 under EN 24032 and the ISO nuts start at M1,6. So, everything is OK at this point.

I still have a request. The height of  DIN 934 nuts M5-M39 is smaller than the height of the Standard Content.
    Some examples (Mx: Standard content height - DIN height):
    M5: 4.7 - 4
    M6: 5.2 - 5
    M8: 6.8 - 6.5
    M10: 8.4 - 8
    Etc.

These nuts are still frequently sold/used (in Europe). Can you add them?
    Henk de Vlaam (NL)
    Is there a way to add extra long bolts?   I quite often have to use an extra long/custom length bolt and can not find a way to do this with std content. I just wanted to use an M12 x 140 hex head bolt and it was not available, very frustrating to have switch out parts.  
    @brucebartlett
    1. I fixed that icon already. Thanks for finding that.
    2. WRT lengths, can you (and anyone else) submit a ticket? I want to officially track those requests and dive deeper where you buy your content. We don't have the ability to allow the creation of your own sizes today, BUT @PeteYodis and I try to add the lengths to 'reasonable' and 'sourceable' sizes to make it so users can get what they need, but don't design parts counting on unattainable content (at least to their sources). Your case here is 100% reasonable. We have received requests for something to the effect of an M4x800 socket head cap screw, something that would only be special order. We have plans to solve this issue (and more) in the future.

@GWS50
    1. Do you expect the bearings to be multiple parts and the balls/rollers/needles mated in time? OR just one body?

New items I see requested here: 
    • DIN 85
    • DIN 935
    • DIN 982 
    • DIN 985
    • DIN 6799
    Support & QA
    Jason_S said:

New items I see requested here: 
    • DIN 85
    • DIN 935