Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Standard content component requests

124»

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett PRO Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 1,919 PRO
    Jason_S said:
    @brucebartlett So would you expect to put in the material thickness and hole size for rivets? And you don't care about rivet gun/tool clearance on the stem side?

I would expect to chose the unformed rivet length, and rivet diameter. We could choose a material thickness and have the rivet form to this but I think that would create more complication with multiple configs for the same part number.

The rivet gun tool clearance would be the same as choosing a spanner clearance for a nut, except in the rivets case you have a waste material (stem).
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • 3dcad3dcad PRO Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,396 PRO
    Jason_S said:
    As you guys know, you could for now have a standard parts document with mate connectors on the parts/subassemblies.

Yep, running at version 34 and counting. Every update makes all documents claiming that they have the old version, that hurts my feelings  :'(
    //rami
  • robert_morrisrobert_morris PRO OS Professional, Developers Posts: 155 PRO
    Can we get some more options for longer length bolts in the standard content?
    I keep running into the issue where I can't find a long enough ISO or DIN Socket Head Cap Screw in the standard content.

For example, just now, I needed a M3 x 35mm bolt, but the standard content stops at 30mm length. McMaster shows that M3 bolts conforming to those standards are available all the way up to 70mm in length. See the screenshots below. I've run into this for other diameters as well.

This is one of the reasons that I still end up using my own library of fasteners right now.

• owen_sparksowen_sparks PRO Member, Developers Posts: 2,418 PRO
    Hi all.

I'd like to request "DIN 917 - HEXAGON CAP NUT" please.

Cheers,
    Owen S.

Production Engineer
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • michael_bromleymichael_bromley PRO Member Posts: 110 PRO
    If it is available I haven't found it, but it seems all of the ANSI hex nuts other than flanged start at 1/4-20.  I most often need sizes 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10.  
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i ✭✭✭✭✭ Member, Developers Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work!!! Nice to see this kind of collaboration work with other companies & users
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                           C2i Change 2 improve                           ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?   
                                                                 Consulting Partner de Onshape                                      Averigua a quién conocemos en común

Consulta mis cursos de Onshape en Español:
  • michael_bromleymichael_bromley PRO Member Posts: 110 PRO
    I'd like to add AS-568 O rings to the standard content library.
  • bill_danielsbill_daniels ✭✭✭ Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    Yep, bearings.  I use them all the time.
  • Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 178
    Happy Monday!

We just added two metric spring lock washers. 
         - Spring lock washer DIN 127 Type A
         - Spring lock washer DIN 127 Type B

Please notes these are from a withdrawn standard. 
    QA Engineer - Onshape, Inc.
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks PRO Member, Developers Posts: 2,418 PRO
    Jason_S said:
    Happy Monday!

We just added two metric spring lock washers. 
         - Spring lock washer DIN 127 Type A
         - Spring lock washer DIN 127 Type B

Please notes these are from a withdrawn standard. 
    Thank-you!
    Production Engineer
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Arron_EadesArron_Eades PRO Member Posts: 1 PRO
    edited June 20
    So do we have Metric Nylon lock nuts yet? ISO 7040 I believe. 

It's a long thread and I've not read it all. If we do have metric nylocs, where do I find them?

Thanks
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 587
    For ISO 7040 we only have Prevailing torque nut ISO 7040

Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering              onshape.com
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett PRO Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 1,919 PRO
    So do we have Metric Nylon lock nuts yet? ISO 7040 I believe. 

It's a long thread and I've not read it all. If we do have metric nylocs, where do I find them?

Thanks
    I've never been able to find Metric Nyloc nuts to my liking. The ISO ones are too skinny (thin). Prevailing also doesn't mean anything to me, is it a cone lock or combination of cone lock and nylon lock nuts. I think the more commonly used nylon lock nut here in Australia is to DIN standard but never been able to find it in the Onshape standard content.  It would be nice to search via commonly used trade description rather than standards. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • kevin_coulsonkevin_coulson Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to request spacers/standoffs in standard sizes and lengths - should be a pretty simple add but gets closer to eliminating the need for a personal hardware library
  • Henk_de_VHenk_de_V ✭✭✭ Member, Developers Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    edited September 14
    Nice to have the O-rings in the standard content since OS 1.102.
    At this moment the components are static. It would be nice as they become flexible so that they fit correctly in an O-ring groove (where the radial and/or axial space is normally smaller then the O-ring cord dia).

Henk de Vlaam (NL)
  • Konstantin_ShKonstantin_Sh PRO Member Posts: 16 PRO
    Would be happy to see DIN6799 lock washers and DIN85 screws