Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - October 17th, 2019

2»

Comments

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MBartlett21 Seem that the first issue with this new release involve both of us...
    The new changes in the dialog boxes have affected our Weld FS.

That FS was a pioneer introducing the option to change to the next input automatically, months before than Onshape. But it doesn't liked the official solution and since this Thursday does not allow to select more than two sides ;-)
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Wow, really nice SP14 for this year!! Keep it coming :star::star::star::star::star:
    //rami
    Is Onshape Assembly Expoded Views and Composite parts being released soon?

New error types in errorstringenum.gen.fs..
    Did you happen to find any clues on color by face / feature  :D
    //rami
    FYI to those missing the Update all references button in assemblies, right click the toolbar and select "customize" to add the new button.

I was going to ask if Onshape removed the update ref button already.. but looks like there is still a bug with new toolbar items not automatically adding.
    I never modified the asm toolbar in the past afik. so not sure why it would still have been off by default.

For me it appeared automatically - almost magically =)

But I haven't ever customized toolbar in assembly mode (not even accessed 'customize toolbar menu')..  Hope this helps Onshape to figure it out, new items should always be added even for customized menus.
    //rami
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Hello everyone, our QA and OPS teams are noticing a persistent issue with performance that has creeped up after we pushed this update related to the relaunched recursive Linked Document Update improvement.  At this time we have decided it is best to disable this improvement again until these performance issues are fixed.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we are working hard to get this addressed.  We have updated the forum post to indicate this and we will update this page when the performance issues have been fixed and the new functionality has been re-enabled.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Michael_CoffeeMichael_Coffee Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    lougallo said:
    Hello everyone, our QA and OPS teams are noticing a persistent issue with performance that has creeped up after we pushed this update related to the relaunched recursive Linked Document Update improvement.  At this time we have decided it is best to disable this improvement again until these performance issues are fixed.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we are working hard to get this addressed.  We have updated the forum post to indicate this and we will update this page when the performance issues have been fixed and the new functionality has been re-enabled.
    Damn it T.T One of two improvements I desperately wanted has been struck down again. I personally haven't seen an issue with the notification, but at the same time, I don't do the "auto update". I go into each individual one to find out what's going on.

Please fix this soon @_@
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @MBartlett21 Seem that the first issue with this new release involve both of us...
    The new changes in the dialog boxes have affected our Weld FS.

That FS was a pioneer introducing the option to change to the next input automatically, months before than Onshape. But it doesn't liked the official solution and since this Thursday does not allow to select more than two sides ;-)
    @emagdalenaC2i
    I have fixed it now so that the first selection only allows one input and the second allows multiple.

mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Michael_CoffeeMichael_Coffee Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    lougallo said:

Any luck?