Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I edit the required lines in the Exercise: Update Drawing

mark_harlessmark_harless Member Posts: 5
I Can't get past step 3 in the Exercise: Update Drawing. I cannot make the required changes to the sketch. For example, the 2 circled lines in this pic need to be moved or deleted:

This is not possible with any of the sketch tools.

The required changes are supposed to look like this:

As I attempt to make changes it does not show the light blue box labeled "in Sketch" so maybe I am not accessing the sketch in a way that allows the required edits.
Here is my sketch: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d698c96603e28b3d0f1d4aa4/w/09c878b22f96535481894f05/e/1f9e44febca67990309e0320

What am I missing?

Any help would be appreciated! 

Comments

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @mark_harless to make these changes, you must navigate to the Part Studio named Drawing Sleeve and edit the Main sketch. Then you can update the drawing view.
  • mark_harlessmark_harless Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Katie. If I go to the bottom left and hit "+" the items to choose from include "create part studio" but that just opens a new empty sheet. What are the steps to get the drive sleeve drawing into part studio? 
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    In your image above there is a tab at the bottom called Drive Sleeve - click that
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • mark_harlessmark_harless Member Posts: 5
    NeilCooke
     said:
    In your image above there is a tab at the bottom called Drive Sleeve - click that

Hi Neil, The problem is that when I open that tab/sheet named "Drive Sleeve" it does not give me a drawing I can edit. How do I enable modifications so I can change the dimensions as called for in the exercise?

KatieHuffman said, "you must navigate to the Part Studio named Drawing Sleeve and edit the Main sketch". I have spent many hours trying to figure this out. I have gone back to the lessons on navigating Onshape but that did not help. I know it is some simple step I am missing. I'm stuck and very frustrated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @mark_harless click on the Part Studio tab named Drive Sleeve at the bottom of the screen. Then in the Feature list on the left you will see a sketch named Main sketch. Edit the sketch to make the changes. The drawing views update from the part geometry being changed in the Part Studio after you click Update workspace.

I would review the course in the CAD Basics pathway to learn more about the relationships between parts, assemblies, and drawings in an Onshape document.