Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New Onshape Logo

2»

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    When booting up the mobile app, it doesn't look too bad in blue and white 

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    edited January 2021
    Also found this when exporting a new drawing. I do still prefer the original look, I think it is a much better marketing approach too; however, this is a big improvement from the green, white, and grey.

We can work with this. Thank's for listening to us PTC! And thank you Onshape team.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    mike_hölschermike_hölscher Member Posts: 105 PRO
    Ooh, that's not so bad  :)

Looks almost like a rose with the blue circle around it.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I noticed that too, it's more like art with the white and blue color theme.

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    @lougallo Any chance we will see more of this blue version?
  • Options
    romeograhamromeograham Member, csevp Posts: 657 PRO
    Thanks @jim_heppelmann and welcome to the Onshape forum. Thanks for the peek behind the curtain at some of incredible support that Onshape is getting! 
  • Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Some of you guys sure read a lot into a logo.  Almost like it was an Ouija board or something.

I couldn’t agree with you more

Of everything you could buy at the brick & mortar, of everything you can buy online, never once in my life have I ever heard a person say they refuse to use or buy a product, because of the logo.

I’ve never heard one person say that they had a hard time or felt hampered using a product, because of the logo

I'm sure it’s a non-issue for most users

Let Jon Hirschtick and John McEleney know that I appreciate being able to use the most impressive & intuitive CAD program I’ve ever seen. And I appreciate everybody there doing work on it

Thanks for your help Jim

• Options
    @jim_heppelmann

Thank you! This helps us understand the scope of the situation.

Some of you guys sure read a lot into a logo.  Almost like it was an Ouija board or something.  Let me be frank.  Jon Hirschtick commands immense respect and has immense power within PTC.  I've said many times publicly that I see Jon Hirschtick and John McEleney (and their team) as legends in CAD, and I'm beyond happy to have them on my team.  Jon owns Onshape - full stop, no debate.  He directs the roadmap, and he owns the culture.  Contrary to (conspiracy) theory, there are no homogenization plans here. 

What PTC is guilty of so far is 1) dramatically increasing Onshape funding and therefore staffing levels, far beyond VC levels of 1 year ago, 2) giving Jon total rights to draw upon any technology within PTC that he might want to incorporate into Onshape, such as generative design/Frustum which BTW he really likes (stay tuned), 3) funding several acquisition that Jon wanted to make (stay tuned again) that will show up as major step function improvements in Onshape, 4) committing to make the underlying Onshape platform (which we call "Atlas") to be PTC's future SaaS platform across the entirety of our portfolio, starting already with Vuforia, 5) helping the Onshape team double the size of the business in the first year, 6) throwing our whole academic/education department at Onshape, helping to drive to massive adoption in schools and colleges during COVID, now surpassing 1M students (OMG!!), and 7) spending another $715M to acquire Arena Solutions to give Onshape a full complement of BOM/PLM functionality that is important to win larger opportunities.  And we are but one year into it!  

Honestly, I think the color and shape of the logo means very little compared to tremendous level of support and investment PTC has provided to the Onshape team.  And, for the record, if Jon didn't like the logo, we would not have adopted it, because it isn't that important to you or to me.  Lets be clear - without a doubt - Jon Hirschtick is driving the Onshape bus, and that bus is gaining tremendous speed.  You are in good hands.

Cheers, and thanks to all of you, both for your appreciation, and your concern about Onshape!

Jim Heppelmann

• Options
    shaun_singhshaun_singh OS Professional Posts: 22 PRO
    Cheers @jim_heppelmann, it is great to hear about the work going on under the hood alongside @jon_hirschtick

But could you please still give us our Onshape-blue colour scheme back, it makes the new logo look even sexier!  :)
  • Options
    Thanks @jim_heppelmann for your words. It gives good insight in al the good stuff PTC is doing for Onshape. Personally, I had no doubts about that.

I also think these threads got a little out of hand. For me, as a designer, I just did not like the new logo. For me, it did not fit the corporate identity of Onshape. Other users physically around me felt the same, so I just wanted to check the opinions on the forum. And yeah, there definitly were other people that felt the same, and other that did not care, or even like it more. No problem with that. 

We definitly not drop Onshape because of the logo, because Onshape is awesome. I will just avoid looking in the top left corner all day, and keep my fingers crossed it will be blue one day  ;)

• Options
    jamescbonneyjamescbonney Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I just visited the Learning Center... Its a mess.

Just take a look at this old badge and compare it to the new one:

From simple, effective, friendly, open (this describes Onshape as we know it), to:

Sharp, closed, over-detailled, aggressive.... (is this how it will be with PTC? I sure hope not...)

Come on guys. You are really underestimating the effect of this logo/style transition. Just keep the brand identity and put -by PTC-  at the bottom of it. Like Facebook does with its big acquisitions. Its easier and keeps everybody happy.

EDIT: It seems not everybody in Onshape is using the new logo? Just got an email from Onshape with exactly this in the signature: 

This would be great! Just what I was explaining.

How do people inside Onshape feel about this? They invested their lives into creating this brand-identity, not only the logo, but also the way they support their clients. It really felt different then any other CAD/company I have ever had contact with. For me it was already a bit hard to get a 'local' support contact, instead of talking to someone actually IN the OnShape building. To have an actual Onshape software engineer in a meeting helping you solve your issue by pushing a global Onshape update. This was the moment I knew Onshape was special. The logo and complete graphical style supported this feeling. Now, it does not anymore. A new logo is fine, but this new logo and style does not fit how I know Onshape, and how I would like it to be.

Wow, the old certification badge looks much more professional. There is a silly amount of fluff in the new one by comparison.

It's also strange to me that you would choose to leave behind a good recognizable font logo for a generic sans serif text + icon.
  • Options
    I do miss the old color, however, the plans PTC has for Onshape are so legit. Can't wait for Phi and Onshape Rendering!