Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - February 18th, 2022

13»

Comments

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    edited February 2022
    I spoke with Tim a little on this. Is there a place we can submit our custom features for feedback?

Many of my features have been learning milestones for me, so I need to go back and re-write them before I ask for feedback. It would be good to do it with the correct criteria in mind.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Great set of improvements.  Really good to see the framing tools.  

Is it possible to do offsets? I imagine there should be an arrow to pull from the nodes to add an offset. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 137 PRO
    NBerger said:
    Batch export from tab manager... perhaps we're one step closer to batch export from release candidates?
    Also thanks as usual guys :)

I was wondering the same.. batch export from release candidate would be my +1!
  • Options
    fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 137 PRO
    I enjoy using and teaching Onshape.  However, I don't think I'm the only user wondering when Onshape will finally add the capability for external threads, similar to what the Hole tool provides without resorting to Featurescript add-ons.  The Featurescripts generate beautiful modeled threads, but ASME & ISO drawing standards use simplified threads with call-outs. 

The browser version of Fusion 360 can generate threads - with the ability to switch between cosmetic and modeled - displayed as simplified threads with callouts in drawing mode, as per ASME/ANSI Y14.6 industry standard.  Which thread patterns? ANSI Unified, ANSI Metric, ACME, ISO Metric, ISO Trapezoid, ISO Pipe, JIS Pipe, GOST Pipe, GB Pipe, etc.

I can always recommend the great External Thread 2D/3D FeatureScript by @seb@sebastian_glanzner: (even though you said no add-ons ;))

• Options
    gerhard_swanepoelgerhard_swanepoel Member Posts: 29 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    Neil refers to "Super Derive" custom feature in the frames demo. Does anyone know if this is available and how it works? I tried to search in custom features but could not find anything.
    Here you go: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/cfef86ed4f9635531599a973
    It allows you to place multiple instances by mate connector so you don't have to use Transform afterwards.
    @NeilCooke Great - thanks!
  • Options
    leonardo_baruffaldileonardo_baruffaldi Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Hundreds of thumbs up for the custom tables! Thanks!
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    It's 3 weeks since Feb 18th. Just saying...

Perhaps with Onshape Live things have shifted a bit? Monday? Tuesday?
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    S1mon said:
    It's 3 weeks since Feb 18th. Just saying...

Perhaps with Onshape Live things have shifted a bit? Monday? Tuesday?
    The release times are globally variable...
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    alfredo_nietoalfredo_nieto Member Posts: 6
    Great updates as always!

About copying and pasting drawing views, could it be possible to extend this update to section views, aligned section views, and auxiliary views too? Seems like these should have been included in the improvement.

Thanks!
  • Options
    cadimate_fourcecadimate_fource Member Posts: 2 EDU
    there is a feature called 'super derive' shown in the frames update video. Can't find that feature anywhere. Even in the custom features. 
    Can anyone please help me find it.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    there is a feature called 'super derive' shown in the frames update video. Can't find that feature anywhere. Even in the custom features. 
    Can anyone please help me find it.
    Scroll up 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI