Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape Drawings - August 6, 2015

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
edited August 2015 in Drawings
Our drawings team has been hard at work on many of the comments and support tickets you all have sent in. Thank you all for taking the time to send us your feedback into support and here in the forums.  Listed below are a few of the improvements that were pushed in our latest release.
Highlights include:
  1. New Centermark tool - Add centermarks to circles and arcs in drawing views.

2. Custom templates - We have added a new help section detailing out how to create custom drawing templates.  You can find that here:

https://cad.onshape.com/help/#templates-custom.htm

3. Improved standard drawing templates - We updated the standard Onshape drawing templates to be more standards-based.  In addition the first and third angle images are now included in the title blocks.

4. Loading indicator - Added a "Loading drawing" spinner to indicate progress when opening a drawing.  This matches the experience when loading any other Onshape tab.

We hope you find these improvements useful and welcome any and all feedback.  Thank you for being part of our alpha test group and keep the feedback coming!  ~Lou
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Comments

• david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    All of these improvements don't mean a thing to me any longer. You are going to make the free plan completely useless to me with the changes that are planed. I can not afford a Pro plan and 100MB of storage is a joke.
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    I know this update was back in August and some very nice updates. Are there plans to add partial section views or crop view capabilities? 
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    @don_howe the plan is to add everything you could possibly want. Unfortunately, this takes time (and as you know we don't publish roadmaps or feature timelines). Stay tuned and thank you for your continued support of Onshape.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI