Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

how to center sketch on center point

alco933alco933 Member Posts: 19
edited October 2022 in Community Support
Seems like such an easy thing but I have been searching for about 20 minutes to find this.
I have a sketch where one corner is on the center point. I want the center point in the center of the drawing. 
I can't even figure out how to move the sketch on the plane. 
Tagged:

Answers

• alco933alco933 Member Posts: 19
    yea trying to figure out how to use that, when I select all 4 sides of the rectangle and then select the transform icon , the only option is "wrap". ??
    edited October 2022
    you can see I am in "sketch" as shown and transform is selected. Why are there no arrows to move the sketch? If there were arrows, how would you center the sketch on the center point? I still don't know what steps to do to "accomplish" that.
    sorry I have to leave the down vote on Glens because I can't tell what he is doing with that diagonal. That should have been explained. I still can't get the sketch centered.
    There are a number of self paced courses available. Perhaps you might want to start there with the sketching lesson.
    https://learn.onshape.com/catalog?labels=%5B%22Self-Paced%20Courses%22%5D&values=%5B%22All%22%5D
    Glen I asked a specific question. That does not answer it.
    Unreasonable is not the issue, a specific question is. If you can't answer the specific question with a specific answer don't post a response.
    Neil, no, there are no specific steps provided to illustrate how to center a sketch on a center point. None. There is only a vague reference to a toolbar menu item the the ambiguous phrase "will accomplish". 
    I'm not going to argue with you. There is no specific answer to the OP in spite of your condescending remark. 
    I just created a new sketch using rectangle on center point. It would have been great if someone could have recommended that too but no one did. 
    Eric oh my gosh , how much more insulting and judgmental can you be? How do you know what effort I have put into this? I have been working on this one single simple task CENTERING A SKETCH OBJECT ON THE CENTER POINT for a minimum of 2 days. The answer I got was "here's a tool" and "will accomplish"  and a image that doesn't show how the image was produced.
    Then I get people suggesting off topic answers completely unrelated to the specific question and talking down to me instead of asking me which part I don't understand.
    You say I am getting "rude" for merely being exasperated by short ambiguous answers and demeaning comments like "we can't understand it for you". 
    I'm rude because I tell someone their answer is off topic to the OP and telling them their comment is condescending? Seriously?

I have to 2 questions for you Eric. 
    1. Your words "achieve what you wanted." can you even articulate, in detail, the steps to do what I specified in the OP, STEP BY STEP? Or even point to the post and line that explains each key click/drag to do that?
    I don't think you can. 
    2. Can you explain why I would want to watch hours and hours of tutorial videos when I only wanted to complete one simple sketch of a post molding which I have already done by now? The entire sketch took me about 2 hours with the learning curve but to get an answer on CENTERING A SKETCH OBJECT ON A CENTER POINT, something that was not explained in coherent steps is not present in this thread in spite of arrogant comments saying it's perfectly clear when the person trying to understand doesn't get the information.

Dirk, it appears based on your link provided that you don't even understand the OP. The question was centering a sketch object on the center point. The help you provided and the video gives a few examples on how to merely move a sketch but does not address the center point question I asked.
    Neil , I disagree "HOW TO CENTER SKETCH ON CENTER POINT" is very clear and concise. 
    Dirk your comment "is that clear enough?" was not appreciated, it was rude and condescending. If you had bothered to take the time to read the current thread you would have seen that I already said I finished it because I started over and chose a center point rectangle object, something no one suggested in the myriad of previous posts. I would also suggest your proof read your comments for spelling errors.
    Neil I don't even know what you are saying in that first sentences but you were not able to provide instructions yourself when I asked you even though you though you said the answer was easy to understand.
  • ShapenShapen Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    alco933 said:
    Dirk your comment "is that clear enough?" was not appreciated, it was rude and condescending. If you had bothered to take the time to read the current thread you would have seen that I already said I finished it because I started over and chose a center point rectangle object, something no one suggested in the myriad of previous posts. I would also suggest your proof read your comments for spelling errors.

This discussion has been closed.