Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Templates

_Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Drawings
Hi all the following request are not extremely pressing but a few things that I would wish for in the near future.

1  I would like an option to Choose a different template for an additional sheet besides the continuation template.
 2  I would also like to be able to insert a sheet between two existing sheets or before the first sheet.
 3  And I would also like to be able to completely change a template on an existing sheet.

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    +1 for  all these.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    +1 - pretty standard stuff
    //rami
  • bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    @da_vicki - Thanks.  Some questions / comments:

#2 - Inserting a sheet between existing sheets, reordering sheets, etc.
                - Understood.  Makes perfect sense.

#1 - Choosing a different template for additional sheets.
    #3 - Changing a template on an existing sheet.
                - Do you need to mix ANSI and ISO sheets in a single drawing?
    Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @bobminer

I don't have a need to mix ANSI and ISO sheets and would expect that anyone requiring to mix them would be few and far between.
  • bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    @da_vicki - Great. Thanks.
    Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

• MaruMaru OS Professional Posts: 18 PRO
    +1 on these as well.  

Also want to note that I think some of the formatting being so tied to templates can be a little frustrating, for example it would be great to have control over some basic things like default scale, font sizes, and dual dimensions available without having to jump into a DWT editor.  Assume these might be planned but want to mention it.