Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to fill area between two parts

jamie_fleckjamie_fleck Member Posts: 8
I would like to make the gap between the clip and base of my pen cap drawing solid.  I extrude a circle as the base, then I used sweep to make the cap.  Should I have extruded an oval?  How would that work using sweep?

I would like that part to be solid when I 3d print it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Did I even do this the most efficient way?

Thanks in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I don't quite understand your workflow here but the answer to your topic would be probably: By using Loft feature. With loft you can set start and end shape and it fills the space between.
    //rami
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @jamie_fleck If your goal is to transition from a circle to an ellipse then you would want to use a loft.  Can you clarify..?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • jamie_fleckjamie_fleck Member Posts: 8
    Sorry,

I would like to  fill the area between a sweep and the circle.  If you couldn't tell I'm a total beginner with any kind of CAD.  Could anyone point me in the right direction to learn some simple basics. 

The tutorials from Onshape are for onshape, I need a beginners guide for cad.  Any suggestions?
  • cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Can you post a picture of what you have so we can give some suggestions?  The image in my mind is that you should be able to do Replace Face of the end of the sweep or potentially a Loft
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com