Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Programmatic extensions to Onshape

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001

We are looking for people to help us test a new and powerful way of extending Onshape.  If you are prepared to do a little programming, would like to get access to this functionality, and help us improve it before it is released, please fill out the survey here:

Programmatic extensions to Onshape survey

We look forward to seeing your responses!  ~Lou
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Lou

It would be great if you could create a webinar to explain the basic concepts of Onshape API

Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited December 2015
    +1 for API webinar / API for dummies blog
    //rami
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited December 2015
    @emagdalenaC2C I think we maybe looking at something different here to normal API  ;). However I'd be keen for a webinar on the basic concepts of Onshape API too.

@3dcad I'd be heading to the dummies blog.  
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    Jeremy_21Jeremy_21 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Lou, I would love to be a part of extending some of Onshapes uses. Extending the use of meta-data, for BOM to MRP/ERP. Or project/document management and reporting. It's all very exciting! Thanks for the outreach.
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. I am digging in the documentation now
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    burhopburhop Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Just applied.  

BTW, I've got a good bit of code written already using the Onshape API including some Python wrappers and integration with Django. I don't know what I'm going to do with it but I did learn a lot..

I'm glad to share if you get something setup for a dev community.

Mark
  • Options
    mcconnell113mcconnell113 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    +1 to onshape api webinar. coded a little in c# and a little in ruby. Assuming javascript would be the best choice here but again we know nothing about the api.
    John McConnell - Let's change things.
    Saplingstore.com
This discussion has been closed.