Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Improvements To Onshape - April 13th, 2016
cody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 182
edited April 2016 in New in Onshape
We have a really exciting update for you that includes one of the most requested features to date! Let's dig in.
- NEW Linked Documents - You can now insert parts, assemblies, and more from other Documents into the current Document.
- UPDATED Constraint improvements - Improvements to constraints including the ability to choose constraint type first, removing redundant constraint icons, and more.
- NEW Open model from drawing view - You can now right click a drawing view and open the model referenced.
- NEW Assembly expressions - Expressions can now be used to define values in assemblies.
- UPDATED Large assembly performance - Large assembly render performance has been improved. Especially with large assemblies that have small detailed parts. The detail level of small parts within a larger assembly will now vary depending on size, complexity, and zoom level.
Please take a moment to try out these new features and improvements and let us know what you think!
Remember: The updates listed here are now live for all users when creating new documents and over the next few days these features will also be available in documents created before the date of this update.