Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Show all parts form the graphic's area

brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
I'd really love to be able to "Show all parts" from the graphic's area and not have to go back to the feature tree to do this. I very rarely want to show all as this gets sketches, planes and mate connectors which then have to be hidden, I find I commonly what to show all parts but don't want to move the mouse back to the tree.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
Tagged:

Comments

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    +1, yes I keep looking in the wrong place also.
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    similarly, I  hope if there is a keyboard  shortcut for show all parts and hide all parts, it will be more convenient !
  • colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    YES PLEASE!  

What do you guys think about a few small filter icons that toggle part visibility, sketch visibility and so on?  
  • edward_petrilloedward_petrillo Member Posts: 79 EDU
    +1.  It's especially time-consuming when you've only hidden a few parts in a huge tree and you have to scroll to find a hidden one- that's the only way to get the "show all parts" option.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    +1 for me too. Bruce did you create an IR for this?

Also 'unhide previous' (=show previously hidden part(s), not all, just undo latest hide command) would be useful.
    //rami
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Yes @lougallo added a ticket for me. 

I also find when in the assemblies I have trouble hiding and show. I am sure this could also be improved.

I do like the quick-keys "P" for hide show plane and the "K" for mate connectors. Something for show all parts would be great.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Bruce don't do that.

Do this instead:

Goto the parts and RMB on a hidden part. Then click on show all parts. This will show all the parts without exposing all the other crap in your model.

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    billy said:
    Bruce don't do that.

Do this instead:

Goto the parts and RMB on a hidden part. Then click on show all parts. This will show all the parts without exposing all the other crap in your model.

That right Billy but I don't want to have too move the mouse to the parts list, my instinct tells me I should get this from the work area.

I'd also be happy with a quick key to show/hide all parts, love the p and the k for planes and mate connectors. 
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    You're right, you typically want to isolate a part work on it, then return to the previous state or all parts. It'd be nice to have a key do this.

I do use the "p" for planes all the time.