Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape Modeling Server DOWN - Resolved

florianflorian Member, OS Professional Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in General
Hi!

here in Germany we cannot access the modelling server. Everything further than the documents list is not accessible. Anyone else experiencing the same?

http://status.onshape.com/ doesn't have any news on this.

––Flo

Comments

• peter_paulpeter_paul Member Posts: 8
    Same here in NL

I cannot open public documents I got this error support code 6ab8e4f893f56a748e7ba31c

And I get this error when I try to open my models

Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved. You can refresh the browser to continue working on this document or return to the Documents page.
  • HakroHakro Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    Same here in Hamburg/Germany. Document list is ok.
    When opening document: "Loading workspace" and after 30 seconds "Onshape is not connected".

• øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Same here in Norway.
  • mlml Member Posts: 53 PRO
    same here in Switzerland (for at least the last three hours):
    - Everything further than the documents list is not accessible
    - same message as in the screenshot
    - not related to a specific browser (firefox 48.0 and chrome 
    52.0.2743.116 m)

status page lists: 
    All Systems Operational

super major back side of 'no installation', fortunately no project deadline
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    We are aware of an issue that is affecting only Western Europe and are working on it now - thank you for your patience.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Seems to be working again now for me.

However, since the status page did not in any way show that there was an issue, you have some work to do with that. :-)
  • john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • mlml Member Posts: 53 PRO
    works again, thx

a more detailed status page would be nice
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    During the outage, I was at phone and I needed to look instant information from 3d model - I felt really powerless not being able to open documents nor having the information when can I promise to have this information / access my models again.. 
    //rami
  • john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Hi Rami. This problem is on me and my team. We invest a lot of time on our monitoring systems, but this partial outage didn't immediately trigger an alert. We understand what was wrong with the service and we have upcoming code changes to resolve that problem. We are working today to understand why our monitoring system didn't alert us to the problem with the service.

I totally understand your frustration with the service outage. We know you depend on Onshape. We will work harder to improve the reliability of our service and regain your trust.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    You have my faith B)

To be honest, I'm amazed how rare outages are for Onshape which is still in it's first year out of beta. If my book keeping is up-to-date, this was second time in my ~18 months of Onshaping. And both times the fix was very fast and no further problems were left behind.
    To compare, Onshape has been much more reliable than our fibre cable internet connection.
    //rami
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited August 2016
    And that ladies and gents is the difference between a a crummy company and a great one.  The great one has built up trust by consistently being engaged with their customers to such an extent that even when there are problems the customer is still saying nice things about them. 

I frequent another forum for a different bit of software.  There the comments are along the lines of "It was broken on V0.1, 1.0 and 1.1, why aren't they listening to us..."

Owen S
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • peter_rollpeter_roll Member Posts: 1
    Same here in the UK, both on the tablet app and PC browser
  • pavel_janečekpavel_janeček Member Posts: 2
    The same experience in the Czech Republic.
  • stefan_siarovstefan_siarov Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Project deadline here, based in the Netherlands. Is there an estimate when the issue will be fixed?
  • pavel_janečekpavel_janeček Member Posts: 2
    The same experience in the Czech Republic.
  • oli_lwoli_lw Member Posts: 2
    Can confirm it is now working for me. Ditto with the status page comment, not really worth its weight if it doesnt indicate when theres issues!
  • duncan_fordduncan_ford Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Perhaps a fail-over system would be good. Given that other regions remained up, would not a redirect of the web socket requests to another server have been a solution? If I had used a VPN connection to change my effective region, would I have been able to access my models in another region or is my account pegged to a specific region?
  • thomas_peyrusethomas_peyruse Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Yes I have the same : 

"Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved. You can refresh the browser to continue working on this document or return to the Documents page."

• oli_lwoli_lw Member Posts: 2
    Same for me, havent been able to access since around 01.00GMT, seems to still be down. (using in UK)
  • ej_brightmanej_brightman Member Posts: 1
    Oh phew, yes the same in Glasgow, Scotland!
    Any news?
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    This was resolved yesterday.  A few of you were not able to post as part of our spam check and I wanted to reach out to verify that your connection issues are resolved.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.