Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape World

thong_van_nguyenthong_van_nguyen Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
In some past day, The Solidwork had event is Soldiwork World.  When the Onshape  will have "Onshape World"? 

Comments

• Markku_LMarkku_L Member Posts: 32 PRO
    SW still has them. And every year it's painful  to see how expensive it would be to travel to US from EU to the meeting. So, I think it would be nice, but we need own meeting here in EU too!
    br
    Markku
    www.sloworks.fi
  • Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Agree!
    Let's look for a sustainable way of communication in the spirit of Onshape. That is: not traveling all over the world to atttend an "Onshape World" at one spot and leaving behind our CO2 imprint in the air.

(That Onshape spirit: Simultaneous modeling all over the wold and real time chat interactions in Comments about CAD models ==> less traveling for communication.) 

Henk de Vlaam (NL)
  • michael_stallsmichael_stalls Member Posts: 59 PRO
    I think the public model feature is a very under utilized function of Onshape. Onshape is good at handling large assemblies and really lends itself to large scale collaboration on complex projects. I think a forum that focused more on applications and projects using Onshape (rather than the mechanics of the software itself) would be really good. 
  • Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'd love to have an online Onshape convention -- maybe "Onshape Live" or something!  Who's in?
    +1, I'll attend.

Some other naming suggestions:
    • Onshape World in the Cloud
    • Onshape Live in the Cloud
    And to avoid attending at night, create regions:
    • Onshape America Live in the Cloud
    • Onshape Europe Live in the Cloud
    • Onshape Asia Live in the Cloud
    • etc.

Henk de Vlaam (NL)
  • florianflorian Member, OS Professional Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to have an online Onshape convention -- maybe "Onshape Live" or something!  Who's in?
    I think having some kind of event like this would be great. Some kind of mixture between webinars, app showcase, user discussions and most importantly talking about best practices and workflows in cad design and general mechanical design (the ideas, calculations and knowledge creation around cad).
  • bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in @jon_hirschtick. When do we start?
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Maybe this could be paired with localized meetup's that happen at the same time around the globe/ however timezone may be an issue. Local meetups may give the opportunity to meet and socialize with other users in person without the large travel distances. However, I'd love an excuse to travel to the US for Onshape Live in person. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    I like the principle but for me a convention is all about many 5 minute conversations between a huddle of few people with the addition of a few interesting key note speakers, where as a webinar is about one or two people presenting to many. 

So I'm not sure how a "cloud convention" would/could/should be structured?

Cheers,

Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • thong_van_nguyenthong_van_nguyen Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone left so much in topic that I issued.  Of course I will attend 100% , but we can do with different way vs Soldiwork. I also like the online Onshape convention as is Mr. Jon said, it is same nature of Onshape( cloud base 100%) and everyone can communicate , say about story of using Onshape for product design , business..etc.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    It would need to be something else than another email about webinar called 'Onshape Live'.

I agree with benefits of a cloud meeting, but I don't think it can (ever) replace the feeling of meeting in person. If you meet someone once a year, after couple years you can say you are friends. But if you attend to same webinar or write to same forum, it doesn't create similar relationship.
    //rami
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I'm in.
  • kim_salmonkim_salmon Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 5
    Hi Everyone, while we aren't planning an Onshape World (yet...), we are taking Onshape on the road for a series of in-person events over the next few weeks. If you're in one of the cities we're covering on our Design Gridlock Prevention Tour, please stop by! Links to register are below.

Chicago - 4/23 https://www.onshape.com/lp/on-the-road-with-onshape-2018-chicago
    New York City - 4/25 https://www.onshape.com/lp/on-the-road-with-onshape-2018-nyc
    San Francisco - 4/30 https://www.onshape.com/lp/on-the-road-with-onshape-2018-san-francisco
    Seattle - 5/2 https://www.onshape.com/lp/on-the-road-with-onshape-2018-seattle
    Los Angeles - 5/9 - registration page is on the way!
    Finland was probably the sixth stop but they decided to do just five at this point :D
    //rami
    Tell them the women are stunning and I'm sure they'll schedule it...
    HWM-Water Ltd
    Or maybe they are afraid of all the polarbears walking around streets?
    //rami
    Especially the ones wearing crash helmets...
    HWM-Water Ltd