Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drawings not loading

yuval_taffyuval_taff Member Posts: 17 PRO
Hey, I am having a really difficult time creating drawings of my assembly..which really isn't super complex.  I try to place a view on the drawing sheet, it appears to be loading for a good few minutes and then it crashes and I get an error notification. Yesterday it was working, however once I placed the view on the sheet, I selected to show hidden lines and the same story..loading for a few minutes and then an error message.  Whats the story? Thanks

Comments

• Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    Hi @yuval_taff, Sorry for the difficulties you are facing. Please contact support using the Help Menu (?) -> Feedback option. Support will be able to look at the issue.
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @yuval_taff
    Does hiding tangent edges help?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    hidden lines will slow your drawing down significantly. (unfortunatly)

So try not to turn them on unless you really need them. (I know it is a crappy thing to say)

look at the difference in performance here: https://youtu.be/3sghldOD8v4
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    hidden lines will slow your drawing down significantly.
    @john_mcclary
    About my post before, should I make an Improvement request for tangent edges hidden by default? 
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    hidden lines will slow your drawing down significantly.
    @john_mcclary
    About my post before, should I make an Improvement request for tangent edges hidden by default? 
    To be honest I always show tangent lines. But there is a guy I work with who wholy disagrees. (Then he wonders why people machine his channel iron parts upside down hehe)

So if it is a checkbox on your profile I could agree. But it would need to be a checkbox in the company profile too, that overrides the user's setting.
  • yuval_taffyuval_taff Member Posts: 17 PRO
    Hi @yuval_taff, Sorry for the difficulties you are facing. Please contact support using the Help Menu (?) -> Feedback option. Support will be able to look at the issue.
    Hi Paul,
    We shared the file with Onshape and it seems someone named Lou Gallo had a look at our document.  We aren't able to see any of his comments - where could we find those? Also, in reference to our drawing requirements, we need hidden lines so unfortunately we aren't able to simply remove those.  Drawing seems to work albeit still very slowly..any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @yuval_taff

You can see your currently open support tickets by following the instructions here:
    https://www.onshape.com/support

From the "View support tickets" page you can ask specific questions about the tickets you have open.  Looking into the tickets you have, it looks like we never heard back from you about the document you were concerned about.  It may be easiest to just open a new ticket in the problem document, and make sure you check the "Share this document with Onshape Support" while you are submitting the ticket.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team