Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Flexible Part

sam_biddlesam_biddle Member Posts: 4
I am creating this cup that has flexible corners (where the fillets are) that will be made out of rubber.  The cap on the bottom will be magnetic and once it is put on, the cup will keep its hexagonal shape.  I want to show the cup collapsing flat once the cap on the bottom is removed.  Is there a way to do this?  Thank you.  

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member Posts: 1,418 EDU
    You may be able to find something to simulate that in the app store.

Other than that, someone may be able to make a FeatureScript for that.
    MB - I make FeatureScripts: view FS (My FS's have "Official" beside them)
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 1,921
    Can you model it in the collapsed position? If so perhaps you can use configurations. 
    Neil Cooke, Director of Technical Marketing, Onshape Inc.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 1,151 PRO
    I'd control with a config and a fancy sketch:

The sides of the cup are equal lengths. I have the cup folding up with symmetry, but you could control the angle with a config like Neil suggested.

• sam_biddlesam_biddle Member Posts: 4
    I think it would look like this if it was fully collapsed.  I don't know how to make a hollow object that doesn't have any space between 2 faces.  
  • sam_biddlesam_biddle Member Posts: 4
    I think this works much better.  Is there an easy way to make everything snap to the correct angles?  I'd like to show it as a hexagon and in the middle of the transition to flat.   
  • kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 414
    Adding some gear relations between opposite pairs of revolute mates could make the motion more well-behaved.