Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Quickly add parts into drawing

3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
I would like to have a part list open all the time and quickly drag parts into drawing sheet.

Part list could live in tab together with 'sheets panel' and part list should keep it's state and not reset like it does now.
I often need to add many parts that are in same part studio and it takes a lot of time to always navigate same path. 
//rami

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    This could be one possible solution to make tab for parts where they could be quickly dragged into drawing sheet instead of dozens of clicks through dialogs..

//rami
    edited February 2019
    Another solution could be implementing part list into tab explorer and drag from there. This would be perfect also for assemblies.

The main point is make it easier and quicker with less clicks to add parts into drawings.
    //rami
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I get frustrated when adding a flat pattern after first adding the folded veiws to a drawing, it takes way too many clicks. This would give a soluition to this problem for me. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @3dcad I understand what you are asking for but I am not sure this is the best solution.  We have a number of things we are looking at to help this workflow but adding things from the insert dialog is not ideal.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
    @lougallo
    I'm happy with anything that:
    a) reduces needed clicks to minimum when adding new part to drawing
    b) helps me track that I have done drawing for every part in assembly
    c) let's me add same configuration to drawing that is used in assembly
    //rami