Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Forum Search UPDATE

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
I have been working to get some updates to Search here in the forum implemented and we now have access to the Advanced Search features!!  New features include:
  • Images now display in results
  • Search by Title
  • Search by Author (auto complete)
  • Search by Category
  • Search by TAGS!!! (auto complete)
  • Filter on discussions, questions, polls, comments and asnwers
  • Filter by date and date window

I hope this helps everyone find exactly what they are looking for before posting new discussions.  ~Lou
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Great work @lougallo.

This is exactly what I want to see on the Onshape Documents Screen. An advanced search to drill into part names, meta properties, revs,branching history, creator's names, etc, etc.  I already have a ticket in for this.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks very helpful
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited May 2015
    Very good, now I don't need to memorize everything written on the forum anymore 

brucebartlett said:
    This is exactly what I want to see on the Onshape Documents Screen. An advanced search to drill into part names, meta properties, revs,branching history, creator's names, etc, etc.  I already have a ticket in for this.
    @lougallo  @brucebartlett
    Very much what I would like to see also, please add me to this ticket
    //rami
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited May 2015
    Another nice touch...

Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.