Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Delete all sketch constraints at once

ben_tonben_ton Member Posts: 1 PRO
Dear forum. Please tell me if there were a faster way to delete all constraints at once instead of select each constraint and delete?

Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I don't think there is, you can tick the show all constraint checkbox but only select them one at a time. It would be nice if you could add a keyboard modifier so the window only selects constraints, I tried a few but nothing seemed to work.  

Maybe you should add an improvement request for this. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited September 2017
    What would be use cases for this functionality? Just curios..

I think selection filter would sit nicely into 'Select other' menu which should be re-thinked anyway.
    //rami
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Selecting all constraints to delete would be nice. Selecting all dangling constraints to delete would be really nice and then, of course, selecting all external constraints to delete would be great.

I don't normally delete all constraints, but I do delete all dangling or all external constraints.

• SR_integratorSR_integrator Member Posts: 39 PRO
    TIP: Use the transform function (aka move) in a sketch to remove all (dangling) contraints.
  • terry_kuehne236terry_kuehne236 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Actually, You can't choose them all at once, but you can press and hold the delete button and quickly choose them one right after another.