Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Balloon Selection of Faces

brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
It might be just me but I have trouble getting a face selection with balloons. I only seem to only get edges and an arrow. However, I just opened a drawing done by someone else and they get a nice node to connect to the face.  How do we achieve this? 

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   

Comments

• billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I want this too
  • romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    For Notes, I seem to be able to do this if I:
    1. create a note (with a Leader or not)
    2. delete the leader (right-click, Remove Leaders)
    3. add a leader (right-click Add Leaders)
    4. Now I can put the leader anywhere I like...
    I haven't tried this with Balloons yet, but it might be worth a try!
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    @brucebartlett we don’t currently support face selection but we are working on it. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    @NeilCooke I see now this was an old drawing done before BOM linked Balloons.  I will look forward to face selection when it is added. Thanks again Bruce
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977