Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape User Group Update

richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
Hi Everyone,
The user group network is growing steadily.  Fifteen local chapters have been formed, and 20 meetings have been held so far. There are five meetings currently on the calendar, with more to come soon.  You can see all of the listed groups, as well as information on starting your own group here - https://www.onshape.com/user-group-network

Here's a nice piece on some of the Onshape users that are leading the local groups - https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/a-shoutout-to-your-local-ptc-onshape-user-groups-and-their-favorite-pizza

We have our sights set on Atlanta, Raleigh, New York City, and Detroit - if you are in any of these cities and would like to talk about forming a group, please let me know.

If you have any other questions about Onshape User Group, I'm here to help.

Richard

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    A Detroit based UG would be close enough for me.
    But I am scared to death about starting/hosting one.

If anyone is willing to lead one, I want to offer my assistance with whatever I can.
     - Thanks
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    You should do it John, you'd be good at it.

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    I'm not a leader. I like to work from the shadows...
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    You like to answer questions and it doesn't need a leader.

Reality, you just have to keep a list of users and try to get people to show up. You know the software and that's why people will come. Show'm your chops.

• richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
    @john_mcclary What Bill said.

Leading or organizing the group will take some of your time, but you will also have the full support of the company behind you.  If you like, send me an email at xswugn@outlook.com, and I'll send you the "guidelines" document - it has most of the information you'll need to decide if it's something you would like to do.

Either way, we are still committed to forming a Detroit group, so I will keep everyone posted.

Richard
  • bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Louisiana user group would be ideal for me, however other than Mezco I don't know of any other users in the area. There are 3 known SolidWorks user groups in Louisiana, and one that meets at my local brewery (which I have attended) (great beer and pizza there). What is the best way to find other users in the area? 

In other news how is the tiny house coming along @richard_doyle?
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    A Louisiana user group would be ideal for me, however other than Mezco I don't know of any other users in the area. There are 3 known SolidWorks user groups in Louisiana, and one that meets at my local brewery (which I have attended) (great beer and pizza there). What is the best way to find other users in the area? 

In other news how is the tiny house coming along @richard_doyle?
    If you can get one started with dates and locations booked, Onshape can use their mailing list to inform users in the area that it's happening and I am sure you plenty from this plus ask them to invite a friend. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977