Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

We want to know what mobile device you use!

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
edited January 2015 in Onshape Mobile
A month or so ago we began testing our mobile app with a small test group.  The goal was to start small, streamline deployment and then open it up to all pre-production users.  Today we are ready to expand our mobile app testing to all Pre-production users in order to gather feedback and let you experience Onshape Mobile.

Currently we are going to open testing to all pre-production users for the iOS platform only and Android will be starting in the very near future.  In order to know which of you run iOS so we can add you to our TestFlight app (Apple's beta test platform), I will need you to fill out the following survey to get your info.  

Onshape Mobile Sign-up

Once we have your mobile preference, we will begin the mobile on-boarding process for you.  We look forward to your feedback and thank you again for helping us make CAD fun again!  ~Lou
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
Tagged:

Comments

• pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    Hah... I am using windows phone platform.  Any chance you will support Windows 10?  I will install the technical preview for the phone next month if you guys said you were going to support it.  I suspect it might be a bit more popular in the future with the business crowd.  I wouldn't dance on their tombstone yet.
  • caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
    Hah... I am using windows phone platform.  Any chance you will support Windows 10?  I will install the technical preview for the phone next month if you guys said you were going to support it.  I suspect it might be a bit more popular in the future with the business crowd.  I wouldn't dance on their tombstone yet.
    +1 on Windows Phone!
    I'm loving my Lumia. Not trading it in for any other iOS/Android phone.

Dries
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Pete Yodis At this point we are doing development on iOS and Android and will measure interest on any other platforms.  I will add you to that measurement...
    edited January 2015
    @LouGallo Thanks Lou.  Makes sense.
    @Dries I hear you on the Lumia.  Been rocking my 920 for two+ years now.  Love the awesome camera.  I prefer the simplicity of the interface for a phone, with the connection to the machines I use for business everyday.  I have remained in the Microsoft ecosystem and am quite happy I did.  I didn't want to start mixing ecosystems.  They have been doing some nice things in the last several years.  Windows 10 corrects the UI issues of Windows 8, I think.  The fact that it will be free to upgrade from Windows 7 will be a boon to businesses.  Seamless support of a Microsoft account with Office 365, Skype, OneDrive, etc... is pretty compelling.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I give iOS a go.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Bruce If you will out the survey, I will be pulling lists within the week.
  • Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    Seriously everyone, I have been one of the lucky few to get a play with this. IT ROCKS!!!!!!!! Beyond all expectations.
    CAD everywhere, on Crowded Buses, Planes, on the couch, and yes even the toilet :) 
  • caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
    edited January 2015
    Ben said:
    Seriously everyone, I have been one of the lucky few to get a play with this. IT ROCKS!!!!!!!! Beyond all expectations.
    CAD everywhere, on Crowded Buses, Planes, on the couch, and yes even the toilet :) 
    Seconded!
    It is so awesome that I found little to no time to submit feedback... :)  (Sorry, Onshape team!)
    I think you are going to be very surprised by how accurate and fast the interface is. (I'm testing on iPad.)

Dries
  • kevin_quigleykevin_quigley Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Me too. The ipad version is brilliant. Some intersting ways to get around the touch target thing...Im waiting for the ipad pro with Wacom stylus (wishing)
    If you have not played with the feedback tool, you can click on the ? menu and all you do it give it a title and type your comment.  I baked all the rest of the stuff in the background so you can just type, submit and get on your way.  Will be adding some screen capture in the future as well.  For now, submit the text and reply to the receipt email and attach your own screenshots. 

Important to note, we will be pushing updates in sync with the web.  Some features might not be in mobile that debut on the web but we try to bring those into mobile in the following update or so.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I hate to admit it, but I'm using my ipad every evening to design. Absolutely love it.

Never thought I'd use such a tiny device, but it's super fast and easy once you figure
    it out the gestures.

So back to the question. I use iPhone and iPad but am seriously looking into Android tablets for work as they are cheap like borscht. 
    @Ben I use both iOS and Android and the experience will be the same.  We are hoping to get Android out to Pre-production soon and so far in the early builds it is as impressive as iOS was at those stages.  Can't wait to get it out to you all to test when it is ready.
    Might have a new tablet sooner than later now.... 
  • julian_lelandjulian_leland Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 59 PRO
    Also, on the topic of support for Windows mobile devices - enabling Windows touch functionality (well, touch functionality generally) in the OnShape desktop client would be HUGE. I'd love to be able to keep using OS when I've got my convertible laptop in tablet mode.
    @Julian Leland  You've got a point there.  I wonder if there could be a button to toggle the touch UI.  Office does this nowadays...

@Julian Leland  We are tracking interest on touch...not just on Windows but touch devices using the web version to Onshape.  I currently use a Google Pixel and have been a big proponent of touch screen devices.  Currently we do not "listen" for touch events in the 3D area of the screen.  It does currently respond to any touch events on 2D elements but that is not going to do much from a modeling standpoint.  I am anxious to touch the screen for zoom, pan and even sketching..  If you have interest in this, let us know so I can add you to the measure.
  • julian_lelandjulian_leland Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 59 PRO
    @LouGallo - I'm 100% interested. I'd like to have the full interface be touch-aware and implement the mobile interaction paradigm (hold touch to bring up recticle, two-finger tap for right-click, etc.)
  • clem_1clem_1 Member Posts: 8
    Windows Phone here.  A Windows 10 universal app would be great.
  • ricky_jordanricky_jordan Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    iPhone 6 Plus

-Ricky
    Thanks everyone for responding but you need to fill out the survey to tell us.;-)
  • Glen_1Glen_1 Member Posts: 1
    Android Tab by Lenovo, as old as v4.0.3
    Click below to tell us! 
    Onshape Mobile Sign-up
This discussion has been closed.