Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to print a sketch with dimensions on it?

Hello, i have tried to print out one of the sketc from one of my projects, but i find it very difficult.
I did find a way where i right click on the sketch plane, and then choose print, it work, i do get a sketch with the dimensions on it, but the font of the dimension numbers are extremely small.....do i do this wrong, is there another way to print out sketches with all the dimensions from Onshape?

Answers

• lougallolougallo Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, Configurations EVP, Graebert Ares Kudo EVP Posts: 1,253
    @martin_olesen If you right click on a sketch (when not editing) and select Show dimensions, you can then print it using the print and it should show the dimensions.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 227 EDU
    lougallo said:
    @martin_olesen If you right click on a sketch (when not editing) and select Show dimensions, you can then print it using the print and it should show the dimensions.
    @lougallo that works "okay" but not great. I have found that the dimensions are very tiny to the point of being practically useless. Could Onshape fix the print function so dimensions are not hit with a shrink ray first?
  • martin_olesenmartin_olesen Member Posts: 8
    As Brian_brady says, the problem is that the numbers in the dimension are very small, it would be great if Onshape could make a better Print function.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 1,047
    OK, there is clearly an issue there, but the issue is it was probably never meant for that purpose and therefore never tested. Please open a support ticket. In the meantime please use a screen grab tool (like snip tool on windows or whatever it's called).
    Neil Cooke, Director of Technical Marketing, Onshape Inc.
  • martin_olesenmartin_olesen Member Posts: 8
    Hello, does anybody knows if this issue with printing out sketches, i still find it difficult, and the fonts are still crazy small.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Configurations EVP, Graebert Ares Kudo EVP Posts: 2,049 PRO
    edited November 21
    Use something like Lightshot which is tool for taking screenshots but allows also direct printing. Very handy tool to share things on screen.

You can also show dimensions with double-click on any sketch geometry in model area.

And to answer your question, yes it is still an issue - dimensions appear very small in print.
    //rami